Wednesday, December 21, 2011

lame, lamer, lamest !!!

It was a pleasant summer morning at Dharamshala. I was coming back to my office from bus stand to my office in a bus, seated on the seat behind the front door. A girl was standing right next to me. She was around 5’ 4’’, in early twenties, wearing blue jeans and a white sleeveless top. She had a very beautiful face, with untied hair falling over her shoulders. Needles to say, like any normal guy, I was regularly peeping on her every now and then. She was attractive and I was doing my best to impress her. For a second, I even contemplated giving her my seat, just to break ice but then thought it to be a bit being too bold on my part. So I held my self back, trying to figure out a better idea.
Five minutes had passed since the bus started and I was completely in love with her. I had thought of marrying her and living happily ever after….yeah, men can be insane sometimes. Soon the conductor came, I paid my fair, she did too, probably a college student or a lecturer there, as she asked for a ticket up to college station.
There was also a guy standing there. I hadn’t noticed him until the conductor asked him for fare too. He was around twenty, spiked hair, a loose bag hanging over his shoulders, faded Levi’s. he also asked for a ticket up to college, giving over a 100 rupees note to the conductor.
Don’t you have a 2 Rs coin?? Conductor asked angrily as if the guy had just done his daughter.
No…he replied sheepishly.
Well, then you’ll have to get down..i know your likes, always trying to save money like that. You people have money to spend over at CCD’s, malls, but none to pay your fares….blah blah…from where I am going to get 100 Rs change at this time….blah blah..why are people so irresponsible…blah blah…nonsense people…blah blah…conductor seemed like a guy who was tired of getting ass kicking’s from his wife every day and was waiting to erupt anytime..
I tried not to care about it as it’s a usual thing in our lives. Upset conductors, mischievous students etcetera etcetera. The unusual thing was that a very beautiful girl was standing next to me and I was still watching her .she was also looking at the boy, who was standing there with his head bent down, literally in tears, while the conductor humiliated him.
God , I loved her eyes. She was searching for something in her bag. Soon conductor whistled, Bus stopped and conductor told the boy to get down mid way. He got downwithout saying anything.
Hey, excuse me…she yelled at boy at high tone..holding out a two rupee coin in her hand..but she was late in searching for it as the boy had got down, and probably she wouldn’t have believed that conductor will boot out the boy for just 2 rupees.
“ aapne 2 rupaye ke liye use neeche utaar diya???”..she asked unbelievingly to the conductor..do you have anything human about you?
Madam, aapko nee pata, yeh log aise hi hote hain..100 rupaye kaa note lekar paise bachaate hain..you don’t worry..i know how to deal with such people…conductor said.
2 rupaye kaun bachaata hai aajkal…are you insane?? Kaam aise karne chahiye ki log yaad karein..she was really angry now..expecting that middle aged bald fat midget to be sucked up in some black hole. She told him a full deal about whatknd of animal he was.
On my side, it had never occurred to me that I could have helped the boy. All the time, I had a two rupees coin in my hands, but never in my dreams, it had occurred to me that I could’ve used that coin in the best way ever, but I was busy, dreaming about having babies with that girl. I hated myself for being such a retard.
She was still standing there, looking more beautiful now.
I tried to look outside, ashamed of myself. Well!! Men can be lame sometimes .

No comments: