Monday, December 31, 2007

my mornings

It was a fantastic summer evening at kangra valley. Sun appeared to be tired after day’s hard work. The clean blue sky was full of birds as they also appeared freaking out like us in the valley. They formed different shapes with perfect alignment and coordination among themselves and with each passing minute, as the valley was submerging in darkness, the scenery was becoming more and more charming. Fields in the villages were full of ladies and children , who were busy collecting livestock for their animals. As the sun was setting down , the Dhauladhars changed their colors very frequently from white to orange to red and so on……….and this kind of nature was good enough to evoke the inactive poet in any human being.
Everything appeared perfect from inside of my Bugatti Veyron. Trees zoomed past as this 2 tonne monster roared on highway. Its Quadra turbo charged W16 engine produced an awesome power of over a thousand horse powers. Onlookers turned their heads on as this beast cruised through the scanty traffic and everything outside seemed to be in a green blur whenever I banged on the accelerator. Speed readings on the diamond studded dashboard gladdened my heart……..and the gentle touch of the all leather steering excited my spirits and its lusty interiors gave me a feeling that I was far away from earth……perhaps in a paradise. The cool breeze of…………………… bang……..ummmmmmmmmmm
You are still sleeping fool???? It’s 9 am in the morning , everybody is on the move and you are passing tour life like this………don’t you ever want to do something in your life?????
My retinas peeked through the semi closed eyelids while mom was busy telling me that by this time since morning people had done so many things, Rakhi sawant had given a new controversial statement , militants had blown up a house in Kashmir and our ministers in turn had called this act as cowardly, our cricket team had gifted the match to 0’z down under in just 3 days , and much more…………..well I missed much. Man!!!!! How does she knows that I don’t watch those bloody news channels……..i wanted to drive veyron again but that wet contact of mom’s hands with my dried cheeks eliminated any such possibilities.
Outside sun was beginning to rain fire, all the shops in village had opened, people were returning to their home from fields after morning’s work, national anthem was being played at nearby government school, Dhauladhars were ready for another hot day……………every body seemed to have done away with morning’s routine. My eyes took an aerial view of outside through window. In the rightmost , mine 97 model chetak stood silently ………..with its headlight turned to one direction.
Well, well, well dreams are good. They take you into a world, which is commanded by you, where you are given unlimited screen time, where you beat the Oz ‘s single-handedly, where your every novel wins a booker, you date the girls of your dreams, you gulp down the finest wines and believe me you love every moment of it.
I was still in bed but the G effect of veyron was still hinged to me, I still felt its posh interiors….i still felt the various pair of eyes chasing me……..ahhh! I wanted to sleep more……..i wanted to go in my world again. My semi closed eyelids appeared to be closing their shutters again……mine mind was again ready for another drive ……
You are still there……get up or you’ll get a bath in your bed today, “god! Why this duffer doesn’t does anything? “ do something or you’ll be selling nuts outside.
Tea was hot.
Usually life is not that easy……….as it looks in dreams. Forget fighting the aliens, even submitting a water bill in a long queue is an uphill task for me. Fitting to everybody’s expectations is n impossible task practically and in a world where cheaters and liars prevail, one’s soul is shaken to see simple hearted people being exploited like donkeys. Here people degrade ethically to such levels that you have to reset the bandwidth of you mental filters to allow your mind to believe the existence of such things. You open the newspapers and find our politicians messing their dirty politics with everything…… everything. Switch on the TV and watch anchors on news channels elongating a half hour show to full twenty four hour session, they see anything and make it a breaking news , our parliament sessions appear like street fights being telecast live , man! Why not these parliamentarians deployed on border, they are so good with chappals, I am damn sure they will handle the AK47’s equally well, while our soldiers are always busy gunning their seniors.
All of this sucks, that’s why mine first impulse is always to run away from all this , whenever I find time. I plunge in my dreams, knock down a corrupt politician or two, slap those anchors in their shows with that icon “Live” being flashed sideby and doing all those things which I am unable to do publickly, in fact all young people of my age want to do the same…… but aren’t able to do so. They all release their anger in one way or another, some brood it out after gulping a few bottles of beer, some do it over a game of cards, some in the backbenches of class. I do it in my dreams and then believes that dreaming is good, perhaps that’s why I love day dreaming.
Well, tea was over. Time to take a bath. I glanced around the room. Veyron on wall looked into my eyes……….i tried to see other way……not yet……I was ready for another plunge in this world, good morning..

1 comment:

Jane Hoang said...

your morning, my morning :P